Saturday, May 11, 2013

Have YOU ever woke up feeling angry and depressed?

Had a rough sleep last night and woke up feeling angry and down about my situation. However, my coach told me that it helps if before your feet hit the floor, do some meditation with subliminal Cd's and then show gratitude for your health and life. When I woke up, on a scale of 1-10 -  (1) feeling Fantastic and (10) feeling extremely depressed. I felt like a 7.

After the meditation and giving thanks, I raised my state to about a (3). I find myself in this constant battle where my negative thoughts surround me saying your life is screwed your broke and still homeless, just because your not sleeping in the truck no more don't think you have moved up in the world, your still a 34 year old man who is now living with his mother. I tell you the negative thoughts no exactly what buttons to push.

How can you or I deal with these negative emotions that try and steal the joy out of our day before it has even begun?

Well I know that focusing on where I am going not where I am currently at, helps keep one motivated for sure. In order to do this, I have found meditation and visualization to be great tools to start your day with a positive mind state. I have created multiple vision boards that showcase my goals being already accomplished. This is a tremendous positive booster when I feel those negative emotions starting to creep in.

What have I learned?


A homeless person is going to be bombarded with thoughts of failure constantly
  • Use Meditation and Gratitude every morning and night to combat these emotions

Gauge how you are feeling on a scale of 1-10 every morning and actively do things to lower the negative emotions
  •  Call me weird but when I get depressed during the day I watch the three stooges. The moment I start to laugh, my situation fades away and I start feeling joy and happiness.

Keep looking to the future

  • Create a vision board to pull yourself out of negative thoughts and to get you back on the road when you start veering off. I use a free site called www.digitaldreamboard.com I have like 5 or 6 boards all with different goals I want to achieve in each area of my life. You can create as much vision boards as you want on this site for free.




No comments:

Post a Comment